Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

I AM A VICTIM OF ONLINE FRAUD!



When friends notified me that I had been beaten up and robbed while in Spain and needed money, I was stunned.  I was still at home in Ontario. I had been the victim of an online fraud. Somehow, the crooks had obtained my email password. Rogers, my service provider, was obliging and helped me reset it. The crooks had also taken my accounts list or address book, too.
Advice to all: Protect your email account password. The Rogers technician advises not to agree when a Windows account  asks if you want it to remember your password. Should a virus enter your computer, it can easily access the remembered passwords. Passwords are a nuisance sometimes when you must enter them and you are in a hurry, but they are necessary and should be carefully protected. Banks, she said, never ask to remember passwords .

No comments:

Post a Comment